We are exploring ways to crowdsource components of our literacy work to broaden and deepen our community impact. We are building a simple, global, assembly line process for the collection, sorting, and delivery of new and gently read magazines to new readers – children and moms in homeless and domestic violence shelters, foster care, mentoring, and job training programs. Simple, elegant solutions executed by masses of hands, hearts, and minds will ease the replication of our ideas and the engagement of our stakeholders. The labor and information intensive tasks that help to describe our magazine inventory for our literacy agents can be broken down into bite-size pieces for scores of volunteers to add-value and then re-assembled into our global literacy marketplace for consumption by literacy programs and their clients. For example, the better job we do describing our magazines and their content, the easier it will be for literacy programs to request specific items and bundles to meet the reading needs and interests of their own clients. This will improve the quality of matches between available reading materials and literacy needs, increasing the contribution of our combined effort, while reducing waste and inefficiency where resources are already scarce.
Magazines for literacyAstronomy Cat Fancy Cooking Light Eating Well Food and Wine Food Network Good Housekeeping Gourmet High Five Highlights Martha Stewart Living O - The Oprah Magazine People Popular Mechanics Popular Science Ranger Rick Readers Digest Redbook Saveur SELF Seventeen Tennis the Oprah Magazine Vogue Whole Living Wired Woman's Day WoodenBoat
- Lean literacy wp.me/p1Uj0L-4EE 3 weeks ago
- Why read? We need your input to develop our #literacy impact metrics: facebook.com/MagazineLitera… 3 weeks ago
- @MrMagazine Thank you @MrMagazine for always inspiring us to tap our deep love of magazines - the most powerful… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 month ago
- Literacy that grows on trees – how to plant a magazine literacy tree anywhere on earth to feed hungry readers wp.me/p1Uj0L-4Bh 1 month ago
- iMAGine the enormous #literacy power of these journals gifted by an @osumarion educator in the… instagram.com/p/BVNmJCPhI7C/ 1 month ago
Read aboutAudio Boston Children's Magazine Month Colleges Events FAQs Feedback General Good Reads - Volunteers Ideas Literacy Bee Literacy Champions Literacy Links Local Teams Magazine Harvest Magazine Literacy Ambassadors Magazines Massachusetts News Northeast Our Partners Our Programs Our Sponsors Poverty Reading Recycling Magazines Second Life Technology Uncategorized Volunteers