We have had very good success finding new readers for the magazines we love to share at shelters and food pantries. Also, there are programs that support homeless teens in every school district, so that’s another great place to start. It’s important for programs to know that you will be taking care to bring good quality, gently read magazines to them. One idea to try is a magazine drive at a supermarket or book store – like a food drive, but collecting magazines to feed families hungry to read. Another idea is to conduct a combined food drive and magazine drive – so feeding hungry bodies and minds. This is especially timely as summer approaches and kids are out of school and away from food and learning resources. When a family goes to a food pantry to receive a bag of groceries, there would also be wonderful magazines inside, which helps to get reading materials into homes. Food pantries will appreciate the groceries, but also want to help families meet other basic needs to help families escape economic and food insecurity.
Magazines for literacyAstronomy Cat Fancy Cooking Light Eating Well Food and Wine Food Network Good Housekeeping Gourmet High Five Highlights Martha Stewart Living O - The Oprah Magazine People Popular Mechanics Popular Science Ranger Rick Readers Digest Redbook Saveur SELF Seventeen Tennis the Oprah Magazine Vogue Whole Living Wired Woman's Day WoodenBoat
- Lean literacy wp.me/p1Uj0L-4EE 3 weeks ago
- Why read? We need your input to develop our #literacy impact metrics: facebook.com/MagazineLitera… 3 weeks ago
- @MrMagazine Thank you @MrMagazine for always inspiring us to tap our deep love of magazines - the most powerful… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 month ago
- Literacy that grows on trees – how to plant a magazine literacy tree anywhere on earth to feed hungry readers wp.me/p1Uj0L-4Bh 1 month ago
- iMAGine the enormous #literacy power of these journals gifted by an @osumarion educator in the… instagram.com/p/BVNmJCPhI7C/ 1 month ago
Read aboutAudio Boston Children's Magazine Month Colleges Events FAQs Feedback General Good Reads - Volunteers Ideas Literacy Bee Literacy Champions Literacy Links Local Teams Magazine Harvest Magazine Literacy Ambassadors Magazines Massachusetts News Northeast Our Partners Our Programs Our Sponsors Poverty Reading Recycling Magazines Second Life Technology Uncategorized Volunteers