We have had very good success finding new readers for the magazines we love to share at shelters and food pantries. Also, there are programs that support homeless teens in every school district, so that’s another great place to start. It’s important for programs to know that you will be taking care to bring good quality, gently read magazines to them. One idea to try is a magazine drive at a supermarket or book store – like a food drive, but collecting magazines to feed families hungry to read. Another idea is to conduct a combined food drive and magazine drive – so feeding hungry bodies and minds. This is especially timely as summer approaches and kids are out of school and away from food and learning resources. When a family goes to a food pantry to receive a bag of groceries, there would also be wonderful magazines inside, which helps to get reading materials into homes. Food pantries will appreciate the groceries, but also want to help families meet other basic needs to help families escape economic and food insecurity.
Magazines for literacyAstronomy Cat Fancy Cooking Light Eating Well Food and Wine Food Network Good Housekeeping Gourmet High Five Highlights Martha Stewart Living O - The Oprah Magazine People Popular Mechanics Popular Science Ranger Rick Readers Digest Redbook Saveur SELF Seventeen Tennis the Oprah Magazine Vogue Whole Living Wired Woman's Day WoodenBoat
- @ted1953 @life_on_track Thanks! We love @NatGeo for #literacy. Please provide your information here and we will con… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- Thank you Kathleen in VA for #recycling these amazingly beautiful @SmithsonianMag for #literacy https://t.co/hYBO3UlQVq 1 month ago
- Telling stories - MagLiteracy.org News - mailchi.mp/magazinelitera… 2 months ago
- These amazing young magazine lovers are changing lives for good wp.me/p1Uj0L-5hK 2 months ago
- Sunday Meeting - MagLiteracy.org - mailchi.mp/magazinelitera… 2 months ago
Read aboutAudio Boston Children's Magazine Month Colleges Events FAQs Feedback General Good Reads - Volunteers Ideas Literacy Bee Literacy Champions Literacy Links Local Teams Magazine Harvest Magazine Literacy Ambassadors Magazines Massachusetts News Northeast Our Partners Our Programs Our Sponsors Poverty Reading Recycling Magazines Second Life Technology Uncategorized Volunteers