There is a story in my family of a patriarch who would give his mom a gift on his birthday. This represents a classic pay it forward celebration of unselfish gratitude for the gifts that others have given to us from the time we were born and throughout our lives. Literacy is a gift instilled by deliberate and caring mentors – especially our parents and teachers. Recently, I made a couple of visits to my parents to celebrate their back-to-back birthdays. I left their home arms full with a box and a grocery bag of magazines in mint condition – Audubon, George, and Popular Science – a particular favorite of mine that launched countless dreams of invention for this young reader. These magazines will be recycled by KinderHarvest to children and families in homeless and domestic violence shelters so they may know a bit of that same joy. Happy birthday mom and dad.
Magazines for literacyAstronomy Cat Fancy Cooking Light Eating Well Food and Wine Food Network Good Housekeeping Gourmet High Five Highlights Martha Stewart Living O - The Oprah Magazine People Popular Mechanics Popular Science Ranger Rick Readers Digest Redbook Saveur SELF Seventeen Tennis the Oprah Magazine Vogue Whole Living Wired Woman's Day WoodenBoat
- Lean literacy wp.me/p1Uj0L-4EE 3 weeks ago
- Why read? We need your input to develop our #literacy impact metrics: facebook.com/MagazineLitera… 3 weeks ago
- @MrMagazine Thank you @MrMagazine for always inspiring us to tap our deep love of magazines - the most powerful… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 month ago
- Literacy that grows on trees – how to plant a magazine literacy tree anywhere on earth to feed hungry readers wp.me/p1Uj0L-4Bh 1 month ago
- iMAGine the enormous #literacy power of these journals gifted by an @osumarion educator in the… instagram.com/p/BVNmJCPhI7C/ 1 month ago
Read aboutAudio Boston Children's Magazine Month Colleges Events FAQs Feedback General Good Reads - Volunteers Ideas Literacy Bee Literacy Champions Literacy Links Local Teams Magazine Harvest Magazine Literacy Ambassadors Magazines Massachusetts News Northeast Our Partners Our Programs Our Sponsors Poverty Reading Recycling Magazines Second Life Technology Uncategorized Volunteers