I was recently having coffee with a wonderful woman who reached out to invest her time to help grow MagazineLiteracy.org. Every year, she organizes a music recital with the proceeds supporting a charitable cause in her community. She said that the next recital would, in a “small” way support literacy needs in her community by sending magazines to children and families learning to read. I was glad for this generous idea, but explained that there is no such thing as small when it comes to acts of kindness. When you plant a seed in your own backyard, a big and mighty oak will grow that will provide joy and protection for countless children and families. From that oak hundreds more seeds will fall to sprout in the minds and hearts of individuals in countless communities. So every bit that each person contributes is big… and the smiles on children’s faces are huge… and the gladness and gratefulness in the hearts of moms and dads whose children learn and love to read is tremendous.
Magazines for literacyAstronomy Cat Fancy Cooking Light Eating Well Food and Wine Food Network Good Housekeeping Gourmet High Five Highlights Martha Stewart Living O - The Oprah Magazine People Popular Mechanics Popular Science Ranger Rick Readers Digest Redbook Saveur SELF Seventeen Tennis the Oprah Magazine Vogue Whole Living Wired Woman's Day WoodenBoat
- @ted1953 @life_on_track Thanks! We love @NatGeo for #literacy. Please provide your information here and we will con… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- Thank you Kathleen in VA for #recycling these amazingly beautiful @SmithsonianMag for #literacy https://t.co/hYBO3UlQVq 1 month ago
- Telling stories - MagLiteracy.org News - mailchi.mp/magazinelitera… 2 months ago
- These amazing young magazine lovers are changing lives for good wp.me/p1Uj0L-5hK 2 months ago
- Sunday Meeting - MagLiteracy.org - mailchi.mp/magazinelitera… 2 months ago
Read aboutAudio Boston Children's Magazine Month Colleges Events FAQs Feedback General Good Reads - Volunteers Ideas Literacy Bee Literacy Champions Literacy Links Local Teams Magazine Harvest Magazine Literacy Ambassadors Magazines Massachusetts News Northeast Our Partners Our Programs Our Sponsors Poverty Reading Recycling Magazines Second Life Technology Uncategorized Volunteers