Du Bose Heyward’s 1939 The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes is still much loved. There are five Easter bunnies to love. The main character, the country bunny, is female and breaks through the rabbit “glass ceiling.” She is raising 21 kids on her own but still succeeds in her career because, not in spite of the fact, that she’s a mother. (Read it today with a child from age 4 to age 8, Houghton Mifflin, $15 hardcover, $6 paperback.
Magazines for literacyAstronomy Cat Fancy Cooking Light Eating Well Food and Wine Food Network Good Housekeeping Gourmet High Five Highlights Martha Stewart Living O - The Oprah Magazine People Popular Mechanics Popular Science Ranger Rick Readers Digest Redbook Saveur SELF Seventeen Tennis the Oprah Magazine Vogue Whole Living Wired Woman's Day WoodenBoat
- @ted1953 @life_on_track Thanks! We love @NatGeo for #literacy. Please provide your information here and we will con… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- Thank you Kathleen in VA for #recycling these amazingly beautiful @SmithsonianMag for #literacy https://t.co/hYBO3UlQVq 1 month ago
- Telling stories - MagLiteracy.org News - mailchi.mp/magazinelitera… 2 months ago
- These amazing young magazine lovers are changing lives for good wp.me/p1Uj0L-5hK 2 months ago
- Sunday Meeting - MagLiteracy.org - mailchi.mp/magazinelitera… 2 months ago
Read aboutAudio Boston Children's Magazine Month Colleges Events FAQs Feedback General Good Reads - Volunteers Ideas Literacy Bee Literacy Champions Literacy Links Local Teams Magazine Harvest Magazine Literacy Ambassadors Magazines Massachusetts News Northeast Our Partners Our Programs Our Sponsors Poverty Reading Recycling Magazines Second Life Technology Uncategorized Volunteers